Leyburn Town Council will be opening all of their Play Areas on Saturday 4th July 2020.
All of Leyburn Town Council’s Play Area’s have been inspected before opening for damage, wear and tear to certify they are safe to use. A Covid-19 RIsk Assessment has been carried out and guidance notices are in place to ensure the Play Area’s are Covid Secure. These area’s are not sanitised and users of these facilities are doing so at their own risk. As a result, please follow the guidelines below to keep everyone safe.
To ensure you are ready to use the Play Area’s Parents must read this guidance and ensure their families follow it carefully for the safety of their children and others:
- Do not go to the play areas if you or any member of your household has any coronavirus symptoms, or are self-isolating.
- Make sure you have sanitiser with you before going to the play area and encourage everyone in your family to wash their hands with hand sanitiser regularly (as a minimum before and after using the play area).
- Stay alert, to stop the spread of coronavirus you must still follow government guidelines. You should NOT gather outdoors in a group of more than six people from different households; gatherings larger than 6 should only take place if everyone is from just two households.
How to protect yourself while using the Play Areas
Signage has been put in place at these facilities to inform and advise key messages, including:
- Try to avoid busy periods- if the playground is busy, please wait or return later
- Maintain social distancing from others unless they are from the same household – current advice is to maintain at least 1m and consider wearing a face mask. Some equipment can only be used by one child at a time while social distancing. Please ensure your family waits at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment
- Use your own hand sanitiser or wipes before and after using equipment
- Ensure you sanitise the equipment before use and remind children not to put their mouths on equipment or their hands in their mouths
- Use a tissue or sleeve to catch a cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your face
- No eating or drinking in and around play areas
- If your family is wearing disposable PPE, please take it home with you or where provided use the bins – DO NOT LITTER
- Wash your hands as soon as you return home
Please respect the rules and each other while playing.
We hope you enjoy using the Play Areas and thank you for helping to keep everyone safe.