Leyburn residents and local Business owners are invited to put forward inspiration and ideas for the improvement of the centre of Leyburn.
Government Funding is available for the improvement of town centres through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF).
Leyburn Town Council is working with Richmondshire District Council and the Business network to gather ideas and suggestions on what elements could be included in an application to the fund.
Suggestions for the project include:
- Scarecrow trial.
- Street art.
- Seasonal events such as- Christmas event, 1940s event, Seasonal Markets & Open air cinema.
- Events such as restaurant week to encourage footfall into businesses- the Town Council could possibly work with other towns such as Richmond or Middleham to advertise all offers.
- Investment in infrastructure- i.e. street furniture, improved signage
- The formation of a BID’S. A BID (Business Improvement District) is a geographically defined area where businesses come together and agree to invest collectively in projects and services which improve their trading environment.
They would also consider pilot or innovative projects and fund items like:
- Projects to make improvements in tourism and hospitality
- Marketing costs, new marketing & branding
- New smart phone tech such as town apps
- Funds to form or boost Local networks and partnerships
Locals are encouraged to come along to the public meeting in the Oak Room, Thornborough Hall on Monday 30th January at 7pm to put forward your ideas.